Re: wolves and sheep on the inet

Andrew Beckett (abeckett@fmlrnd.co.uk)
Mon, 16 May 94 10:25:08 BST

In article DAA05138@gravity.science.gmu.edu, Tim Scanlon <tfs@science.gmu.edu> () writes:

> 	People are neither wolves nor sheep, but they are apperently rigid,
> intolerant and close minded. This kind of presumtion is both foolish and
> dangerous. The world is a complex place, and while making analogies offers
> a tool to simplify it, it also simplifies it. Too often these sorts of
> debates fall victim to sophmoric logical faults, most commonly those
> associated with ambiguity & equivocation. As well it seems the argumentative
> fallacies seem especialy prone to abuse, particularly Argumentum ad Hominem &
> & False Cause fallacies.

lots of pretentious crap deleted

> The world IS a complex place. False arguments on the net DO waste
> bandwith.
>
> 			Tim Scanlon

It's all very well proposing that we all give thoroughly rigorous arguments, but
as you say, most of us do not have a classical education. Therefore I suggest
you dont waste bandwidth with the dictionary that you swallowed, or waste our time
having to read this verbose twaddle.

Andrew Beckett.

* Andrew Beckett                  *                                   *
* Senior Design Engineer          *                                   *
* Fujitsu Microelectronics Ltd    *                                   *
* Highway House                   * phone    : (0628) 71116           *
* Norreys Drive                   * fax      : (0628) 773990          *
* Maidenhead. Berks SL6 4BW       * email    : a.beckett@fmlrnd.co.uk *